What a crazy crazy day! This morning was Lainey's 9 month well baby visit. She is now 27" and 15 lb.We didn't have to endure vaccines, but even worse a blood draw and a pee bag. Last week I had called the doctor to once again express my concern to him of her low weight. I asked him if we could test her thyroid levels and her vitamin D levels because I've been having issues with both; he agreed to order the labs, but this morning I had to argue with him for a half an hour over it because he wanted to just order a CBC and a urinalysis. Finally he consented (not having a reason for just testing all in one stick instead of sticking her three different times.) We were sent to MIMA labs and waited for 45 minutes before a rude phlebotomist explained that they couldn't do the blood draw there and sent us to the hospital. Alaina handled it like a trooper. She cried, but not quite as much as Mommy. Thankfully Daddy came to the rescue and helped us out. As soon as it was over, it was as though nothing had happened. Dr. Weare called this evening to say that her CBC and her urinalysis can back normal. Now we're just waiting for the TSH and VitD. Just and I really believe that she is so healthy and perfect; she just seems to be growing a little slowly. Best just to check everything out and be sure though.
In other news... We bought some fish to go in our empty little aquarium. After much deliberation we picked a beta and two tetras. Alaina gets such a kick out of going to the fish store; I cant wait to take her to the Florida aquarium next weekend.
Justin is beyond excited because AT&T gave him a free micro-cell. I'm just terrified that we're all going to develop cancer... Apparently they realize how much our service sucks in our house and are afraid that we'll switch over to Verizon.
 |
| Daddy playing in Lainey's playroom |
 |
| Our little trooper. The phlebs gave her a matching bandaid |
 |
| We meet a friendly fish |
 |
| Loving on Daddy at the AT&T store |
 |
| Daddy's pretty new Micro-Cell |
Hugs to the little trooper! Hoping that everything comes back A-OK!
ReplyDelete